As preparations are underway for the 2015 Special Olympics World Games in Los Angeles, of which the Order is a sponsor, Knights and councils are urged to increase their participation with local Special Olympics programs during the coming year. Here are some ways to assist Special Olympics:
- Work with council and local fundraisers to help collect needed funds to support Special Olympics athletes and programs.
- Volunteer as a family for Special Olympics. The best way to start is to find the Special Olympics office nearest to you.
- Share your athletic expertise and passion for sports by getting involved as a coach or official. You can learn more by visiting specialolympics.org.
- If you or someone in your family have specialized training as a health care professional, Special Olympics can use your help in ensuring athletes remain healthy and safe.
- Along with these volunteer opportunities, Special Olympics also has unique opportunities for high school and college students.
For more information on how to volunteer with Special Olympics, visit specialolympics.org and click the “Get Involved” tab.